In September 2022, the participants of the programme had the opportunity to visit the archives of The Kandinsky Library from the Pompidou Center in Paris with Mica Gherghescu, Responsible for the Research Department and Scientific Programs.
Located in the Centre Pompidou (Paris), The Kandinsky Library is in charge of heritage collections.
Contributing to many programmes in art and heritage science, The Kandinsky Library constitutes the research centre of the Musée national d’art modern Pompidou.
This Library holds more than 18,000 printed works by major XXth and XXIst century artists: books of prints, artist’s books, photographic albums, artist’s reviews, book-objects, leaflets and posters.
It is spread out over more than 180 archive collections that testify to the diversity of the players who contributed to the modern and contemporary arts movement:
- Artists like Constantin Brancusi and Wassily Kandinsky
- Architects and designers with Jean Prouvé and Ettore Sottsass
- Photographers, film and video makers with Marc Vaux and Harry Shunk
- Art critics and theoreticians with Anne-Marie Duguet and Ida Gianelli
- Gallerists, booksellers and publishing houses with, notably, Cahiers d’art.